HME 2: To Be Great, You Have To Be Willing To Suck
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: iTunes | Android |
Point #1 – You’re Going To Suck
- Hitting a home run the first time out is as rare as finding a unicorn
- Just because you suck doesn’t mean you should quit
Point #2 – The Four Phases Of Competence
- Unconsciously Incompetent – You don’t know you suck.
- Consciously Incompetent – You know you suck
- Consciously Competent – Ok, you’re developing some skill
- Unconsciously Competent – It’s second nature
Point #3 – Practice Breeds Competence
- There is no failure, only feedback.
- Learn from your mistakes, correct your course, and keep moving forward.
- What ‘new thing’ have you been wanting to try but haven’t because you’re afraid to look foolish?
- Be willing to look foolish. The only way you can grow is to step out of your comfort zone and try new things.